Many of us will be preparing our homes today to receive friends and family for tomorrow’s Thanksgiving Dinner. I will be doing the same thing, so there won’t be a blog tomorrow. My friend Susan Verstraete is today’s guest blogger. Susan is a children’s Sunday school teacher and leader of a book discussion group at Faith Community Church in Kansas City, North,
where she also serves as church secretary. Susan brings us 31 reasons we should give thanks.
1. Because God is good. 1 Chronicles 16:34
2. Because it is a correct response to God’s righteousness.
3. Because the Lord helps us. Psalm 28:7
4. Because thanksgiving glorifies God. Psalm 50:23
5. Because His name is good. Psalm 54:6
6. Because thanksgiving magnifies God. Psalm 69:30
7. Because God is near to us. Psalm 75:1
8. Because God will ultimately deliver His people from their
enemies. Psalm 79:13
9. Because it is a good thing to do. Psalm 92:1
10. Because God is faithful to all generations. Psalm
11. Because God’s steadfast love endures forever. Psalm
12. Because of God’s wondrous works. Psalm 107:8
13. Because God is our salvation. Psalm 118:21
14. Because He is our God. Psalm 118:28
15. Because God has exalted His own name and His word.
16. Because thanksgiving is a characteristic of
righteous people. Psalm 140:13
17. Because we are His workmanship and the recipients
of His mercy. Psalm 145:9-10
18. Because His anger has been turned away from us.
19. Because of Jesus’ example of giving thanks. Luke
20. Because others have heard an account of faithful
believers. Romans 1:8
21. Because we are no longer slaves to sin. Romans 6:17
22. Because we see God’s grace working in other
believers. 1 Corinthians 1:4
23. Because we are given victory through our Lord Jesus
Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57
24. Because of answered prayer. 2 Corinthians 1:11
25. Because God works through believers to spread
knowledge of Himself. 2 Corinthians 2:14
26. Because we are commanded to give thanks always and
for everything. Ephesians 5:20
27. Because it is God’s will that we give thanks in all
circumstances. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
28. Because we see God’s love demonstrated by other
believers. 2 Thessalonians 1:3
29. Because God entrusts us with the task of serving
Him. 1 Timothy 1:12
30. Because we remember believing friends. Philemon 1:4
31. Because we have received a kingdom that cannot be
shaken. Hebrews 12:28
that the LORD, he is God! It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His
people, and the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and
His courts with praise! Give thanks to Him; bless his name! For the LORD is
good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness to all
Let's Keep in Touch!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
Never miss out on a special offer or opportunity!